In the wilds a garden is more of a battle as your orderly plants want to break free to the chaos of nature. Poor soil, water pumped fresh from the earth, and weed seeds blown in from all around make raised beds the only method of gardening for us, who want to grow organically. In between rain bursts we build these redwood raised beds. This is as far as our $500 budget got us; eventually I would like three times as many. For now, I will be satisfied with a salsa garden. The process of growing and harvesting fresh fruits and vegetables makes me feel like I am truly living. Connection to the earth or the basic survival instinct built into humans, whatever it is the dirt, water, and sun is a magic that makes my heart soar.
Monday, April 18, 2011
Garden
Gardening is civil and social, but it wants the vigor and freedom of the forest and the outlaw.~~ Henry David Thoreau

In the wilds a garden is more of a battle as your orderly plants want to break free to the chaos of nature. Poor soil, water pumped fresh from the earth, and weed seeds blown in from all around make raised beds the only method of gardening for us, who want to grow organically. In between rain bursts we build these redwood raised beds. This is as far as our $500 budget got us; eventually I would like three times as many. For now, I will be satisfied with a salsa garden. The process of growing and harvesting fresh fruits and vegetables makes me feel like I am truly living. Connection to the earth or the basic survival instinct built into humans, whatever it is the dirt, water, and sun is a magic that makes my heart soar.
In the wilds a garden is more of a battle as your orderly plants want to break free to the chaos of nature. Poor soil, water pumped fresh from the earth, and weed seeds blown in from all around make raised beds the only method of gardening for us, who want to grow organically. In between rain bursts we build these redwood raised beds. This is as far as our $500 budget got us; eventually I would like three times as many. For now, I will be satisfied with a salsa garden. The process of growing and harvesting fresh fruits and vegetables makes me feel like I am truly living. Connection to the earth or the basic survival instinct built into humans, whatever it is the dirt, water, and sun is a magic that makes my heart soar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's started out looking great. Can't wait to see them full.
ReplyDelete